Apart from today we appear to be in a period of stable weather with very good forecasts from 27th onwards. Plans are thus in place for commencing our summit bids from Base Camp on Wed 24th. If all goes to plan, it will take 5 days, ie Sun 28th, to reach the top, but one step and camp at a time.
7 small teams totalling 21 climbers occupy Base Camp - comprising teams from Switzerland (3), NZ/Aus (3), UK/Canada (2), Greece (2), Argentina/Macedonia (2). Spain/Mexico (3) and Japan (6), together with 8 Nepalese Sherpas and 8 Pakistani High Altitude Porters (HAP's). Everyone is co-operating fully and a very friendly atmosphere/camaraderie exists. I am spending my days reading, continually refining and sorting out kit for the summit, eating and visualizing.